SAFEMETRIX MARITIME RANK SPECIFIC ASSESSMENTS BY SAFEBRIDGE
SafeMetrix by Safebridge is an online assessment platform created to help companies in the maritime industry make better crewing decisions using relevant industry and rank-specific data.
With an easy-to-use web-based, platform, SafeMetrix supports Crew Admins and Recruiters by providing them with a detailed assessment of seafarer’s soft and cognitive skills. It offers the ability to assign tests and collect data in order to generate individual and company level reports based on a scoring mechanism, which compares skills of the seafarer with a group of officers of the same rank category.
The integration of SafeMetrix into the crewing process provides substantial benefits to both companies and seafarers, into the following areas:
- Selection: Enhanced validity of interviews via preliminary screening
- Retention: Improved position adaptability and decreased turnover
- Promotion: Enhanced timely and transparent career development
- Training: Optimized training initiatives with targeted actions
The product was created in partnership with industry experts and the seafarers. Therefore, it is focused on delivering maritime, rank-specific psychometric assessments for the crews' non-technical skills which are proved to affect the performance of a seafarer.
The important role of seafarers’ soft skills has been officially introduced since STCW Convention & Code 2010 Manila Amendments. These skills are increasingly important for both the wellbeing of the seafarer and the overall safety of the operations at sea.
SafeMetrix Key features:
- Assesses the skills that matter most for maritime officers.
- Supported by detailed industry research and rank-specific norming samples
- The assessments are rank specific
- Provides both individual reports and company reports
- Simple and easy to understand reports that can be interpreted without the need of special training or psychological background.
- Flexible and accessible from any location, administered and conducted online through a browser-based application, with no installation needed.
- Requires internet connection. However, if the assessment is interrupted due to a loss of connection, the progress can be easily retrieved and continued once back online.
- Basic version offered in English. By the end of 2019, Greek, Russian and Tagalog versions will be also available.
- Discounts apply to larger purchase quantities
Types of Assessments
- MET-3S | Soft Skills for Seafarers (Available for all Officer Ranks)
MET-3S assesses the soft, non-technical skills of the crew, covering three clusters of skills: coping under pressure, interpersonal skills and self-management, which are key to ensure a safe work environment onboard.
- MET-CSS | Cognitive Skills for Seafarers (Available for Deck Officers Managerial Level and Engine Officers Managerial Level, more versions to be released in Q4 2019)
Cognitive Skills for Seafarers - a series of tests addressing the key cognitive functions like memorisation, problem sensitivity and information ordering that underlay awareness of the situation on board.
Example of Soft Skills under the cluster of “Copying Under Pressure”
Find out about the skills of your crew that really matter. Discover the impact that high perseverance skill level has on the performance of your crew and how important is the seafarer score in coordination skills.